I meet Daniel through Jason and Danica Boyd. When I was senior in high school, Danica planned a trip to Ole Miss where we would be visiting her boyfriend who was a freshman. Since I was her best friend, of course she asked me to tag along! I told her that if she would be hanging out with her boyfriend over the course of the weekend then I was not going to be the third wheel the entire time. So it was up to her and Jason to find someone for me to hang out with for the weekend. Jason lived on the honors floor at Ole Miss. I don't know if you've ever visited the boys' honors floor of the dorm at Ole Miss but I'm here to tell you that it houses a few rather interesting folks! Jason narrowed it down to two guys on his floor. He told me about each of the guys and it seemed a no brainer to choose Daniel because he was from Lincoln County and seemed like a "normal" guy. The other guy was from the D.C. area, so he said, with some interesting views on life. After meeting both Daniel and the other candidate, I am thoroughly glad I chose to hang out with Daniel that weekend!
A few weeks later my senior prom took place. We asked the Ole Miss beaus to come home and be our escorts. Once Daniel came home that summer, we began our relationship. And that's that! Daniel has been in my life almost six years. I'm so thankful God brought him into my life!
This is a pic of us with the matchmakers! This was taken about a year after we started dating.
Fall 2008 in the Grove at Ole Miss
This was taken on our FIRST of six flights during our honeymoon travels. It was my first time to fly and travel outside of the United States. It was fun to experience it with my brand new hubby!
Our story is only beginning! I hope to endure many more chapters of life with my FIRST love!
Blessed and loving my hubby,
Kayla



No comments:
Post a Comment