Daniel and I honeymooned to Atlantis. It was pretty, but NO where near as magnificent as the beautiful scenes found on commercials or ads. I wasn't fond of the place the minute we got off the plane. The airport is very small and poor compared to the airports in America. The two taxis we rode in (to and from the airport) looked like they had been in several wrecks. Duct tape was holding on their side mirrors. The drivers were all over the road. The country was poor. I was honestly pondering why in the world we chose to go to the Bahamas the entire 45 minute drive until we FINALLY reached Paradise Island. We finally arrived at the resort and tried to get settle in. We checked in and went up to our room. I couldn't wait to look out our window to see a grand view. Well.. I bet you know where this story is going. I pulled back to curtain and.. our view was the roof top of a building with huge silver air vents. No luscious gardens, no crystal clear water. Oh I was furious! This was supposed to be a wonderful experience. So what does this little hot head do?! I told Daniel to grab the luggage and follow me. I march my little self back to the front desk and explain the situation (we're on our honeymoon, we paid EXTRA to have a view of the resort, i would not appreciate looking at an air vent every night with my new husband, etc.) After pleading to have a room change after a couple of minutes, we were given keys to another room that was even bigger AND had a better view. Whew! Thankfully! We changed and got ready for dinner. We carried very little cash because we were told our debit cards would work in the Caribbean. We found a pizzeria and ordered two slices, two drinks, to hear our total come to $30. Daniel gave our debit card... and what do you know.. DECLINE. So we ended up using a credit card that belonged to his parents. UGH! So much for going on a honeymoon, finally feeling a bit of independence, and being able to pay for food! We had to use the credit card the rest of the trip. (Later, we found out you have to contact the bank so many days before you travel out of the country in order for the card to work. And we did pay Daniel's parents back for our credit card expenses) After the several bumps on the road, we had a good honeymoon.
I'll leave you with a few pics from the honeymoon.
| Pools on the resort |
| Huge, colorful sculptures and art displayed in the casino |
| We enjoyed the aquarium |
| Daniel standing on the balcony of our room-Isn't he a cutie? |
| The bed! |
| The newlyweds! |
I was so THANKFUL when our plane landed back on U.S. ground at the end of the week. I will think long, and hard before leaving the country again. After viewing some of the pics you see our trip wasn't as bad as I made it out to be. We did have a lovely time! There's just no place like home!
Proud to live in America,
Kayla
No comments:
Post a Comment