1. First on the list: spedning QUALITY time with my hubby! and FOOD!
Restaurants is usually where this happens! Every Tuesday night during my senior year of college we went to Ajax in Oxford after my night class.
![]() |
| Ajax - a small diner with big taste! It's a great place to fill up on good, home-style, country cooking! |
2. Another restaurant where we spend quailty time and enjoy good food is at the Melting Pot.
We LOVE the Melting Pot.
We LOVE the Melting Pot.
| Dessert course - our favorite! Daniel proposed during the dessert course at the Melting Pot in May 2008. |
The atmosphere is perfect whether you want a romantic evening with your spouse or to celebrate a birthday or graduation. We've had many meals and great conversations at the location in Memphis. I've also dined with a few friends and family at Melting Pot locations in Baton Rouge and Birmingham. Daniel proposed at the Melting Pot in Memphis. So, in case you haven't figured it out, the Melting Pot is a favorite to Daniel and me!
3. Losing weight!
Since Jan 3 I've lost six pounds! I made my mind up that it was time to lose weight so I joined Weight Watchers to help me. It's a great tool to help someone lose weight. It has recipes, even easy ones! Because if you know me well, you know I rarely cook a meal without a fuss. But they even have easy, step-by-step recipes including ingredients that I know how to pronounce! I have several cookbooks that I like browsing through but get so discouraged because they include ingredients that I don't have clue how to pronounce, much less, know what they are! Anyway, weight watchers has been very helpful. I'm a week into it and so far, so good!
Since Jan 3 I've lost six pounds! I made my mind up that it was time to lose weight so I joined Weight Watchers to help me. It's a great tool to help someone lose weight. It has recipes, even easy ones! Because if you know me well, you know I rarely cook a meal without a fuss. But they even have easy, step-by-step recipes including ingredients that I know how to pronounce! I have several cookbooks that I like browsing through but get so discouraged because they include ingredients that I don't have clue how to pronounce, much less, know what they are! Anyway, weight watchers has been very helpful. I'm a week into it and so far, so good!
4. Teaching in my classroom!
There's nothing like closing the door to my classroom, being surrounded by a room of 7th graders, and teaching my heart out! I love my career!
| I'm standing in the back of the room looking towards the front. Check out my promethean board! I use it daily. |
These are just a few of the things that make me happy! After talking about those restaurants, I'm hungry now! I hope not to blow my diet today!
Signed,
Kayla

No comments:
Post a Comment