So I'm sitting at home mid-morning on a weekday. That's because school is CLOSED today. It was closed yesterday, and half a day on Tuesday due to busted water pipes in Jackson. Since Byram runs off Jackson's water line, our school is without water. Many fellow teachers like the idea of staying at home. I do not like sitting at home. Because when I am stuck at home, I literally just sit here. It's very unproductive and I do not like it. I would rather be sticking to my schedule at work, about to begin my 5th period class. Yesterday, the only productive thing I did was wash two loads of clothes and go to Curves. The rest of the time I was sitting in my comfy chair with the T.V. turned to HGTV ALL day. Guilty, so unproductive!
V-day is quickly approaching! It'll be our first married Valentines Day so I am planning a weekend trip for just the two of us! It's been fun planning a little outing!
The first part of the week Daniel was "away on business" to New Mexico. When I was younger and still living at home, I told my mom I wanted to marry a businessman that would travel on business trips. Granted, this was after some silly COUNTRY boy broke my heart. I told her I was through with the country bumpkins that would never make it out of their mobile homes, would always live in Lincoln County, and would never want me to work so I could spend all my time at home taking care of the kids and the sloppy husband. And what do you know... several years later, I'm living in the Jackson area with the best job ever and happily married to a "businessman" who's "away on business!" Love it!!! Although, I do not like staying home alone. But that's another story. I did good this week! Cooper kept Daniel's pillow warm at night and let me snuggle up to him. (Don't forget, Cooper is my PUPPY!) Mom offered to come stay with me a night or two but I ended up being fine staying by myself.
Cooper is going on a play date with Colby this afternoon. Colby is my friend Katie's puppy. What else are teacher's who do not have to report to work supposed to do? That's right, allow our babies to go on play dates, that's what!
Hopefully I will be back to work tomorrow. But that all depends on the water situation! That's all for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment