Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Healthy-Inside and Out

Well, the healthy lifestyle is off to a good start. The "healthy" plan I'm working on is the Curves Plan. It's a thirty day "diet" that is 3 phases. Each phase allows you to add a few more carbs, protein, fat, and calories to the slim amount you are allowed to start off with. Right now, I'm still in the first phase. And boy, it is tough. I don't feel like I'm a very pleasant person to be around right now because I'm not used to eating so, er, healthy. It's like it's draining all my energy, I've had a continuous headache the past two days, and blah, blah, blah. I am having to try EXTRA hard to put on my happy face. I just keep reminding myself that this is to help me become a more healthier person. God says that my body is a temple and I should not destroy it. All the cookie dough, sweets, and candy destroys it so I've had to cut that out!

Now that I'm trying to become a physically healthier person, I decided I may as well clean up my internal health as well. This past weekend I was really convicted of my sour additude that I've had lately. I've been so negative about... well everything! So my prayer has been that God purify my heart, and give me clean hands. It's a refreshing feeling I've had since I had a little talk with God this weekend. I did some apologizing, repenting, and asking for help. So another goal to add to my list is to have a positive attitude!

So lots is going on this week, internally and externally. It has been a VERY challenging week I must say. When I get frustrated, whether I'm craving some fattening, unhealthy food, or having a negative, impure thought, God quickly flashes me a little sign and says "Hey, it's okay, you can do this, TRUST ME!"

My prayer is that God will continue to purify my heart, give me clean hands, and give me the strength and will power to keep this healthy eating lifestyle up! If you are reading this, I'm going to be selfish in asking that you say a quick little prayer for me, especially this week! Thank you! :)

3 comments:

  1. Good for you :) If you ever need anyone to talk to, I am here for you! I just started on south beach last week and it has really effected my mood as well! blahh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you and love you. I pray for you and will continue to. I know you will make it through this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've felt those prayers the past few days! Each day has been better. God is good! Thank y'all for being such awesome friends!

    ReplyDelete