Favorite?? Seriously??? I don't have a FAVORITE because different phases of life cause my favorite verse to change.
For over a year now I have claimed 1 John 1:5. I cite it to friends who are going through a difficult time. It's also a great verse to flip to when I need to "refocus" whenever life throws a curve ball. It was a verse Bro. Jon Daniels used in a cermon at Country Woods two Sundays before Daniel was laid off. The message Jon was preaching, and the verse itself, laid heavely on my heart. I know God was preparing my heart for hardship when He brought me to this verse. I have soaked it up, breathed it, and claimed it!
So here it is....
"This is the message we have heard from him and declare you you: God is light, in him there is no darkness at all." 1 John 1:5
So I am a visual learner. If you saw this verse in my Bible right now you would see different color pen marks, circles, underlines and other markings where certain words in this verse stand out.
When I read it, this is what I see...
"This is the message we have heard from him and DECLARE to you: God is LIGHT; in him there is NO darkeness ................... AT ALL." 1 John 1:5
Do you see that?!?! God does not allow you to stay in darkness, even if you feel like you have reached a dead-end and feel like your world is caving in on you. It's so refreshing to know that if we trust God, and trust that there is a reason for the hardship, and trust that He is with us and will NEVER leave us in the dark. When we trust Him, the light at the end of the tunnel isn't that far away afterall!
Living in the light,
Kayla
No comments:
Post a Comment