
It's that time again! Time for a little look into my life!
Today was full of firsts for me!* I went to a new dermatologist.
* I started my first assignment for grad school.
* I went to a job fair, NOT wanting to find a job. This was part of the grad school assignment.
* I ate BY MYSELF in a restaurant for lunch. Oh.My.Gosh. Still can't believe I did that!
(RBG, I'm thinking about you right now. I remember you telling me about eating by yourself for the first time at a... Mexican restaurant, maybe... after dropping someone off at the airport, perhaps?)
Confessions for the past week:* I went to a job fair, NOT wanting to find a job. This was part of the grad school assignment.
* I ate BY MYSELF in a restaurant for lunch. Oh.My.Gosh. Still can't believe I did that!
(RBG, I'm thinking about you right now. I remember you telling me about eating by yourself for the first time at a... Mexican restaurant, maybe... after dropping someone off at the airport, perhaps?)
* I read the 50 Shades of Grey Trilogy. Okay! I know! Don't freak out! I know it's one of the most controversial trilogies out right now! I had a few days off before I started grad school and since I couldn't make it to the beach as I had hoped, I decided to get lost in a book series. I mean after all, I had to see what all the hype was about. I definitely wouldn't recommend it to young audiences. But, it was readable, and I am on the verge of saying that I liked it. Ah! That's a huge confession!
* Speaking of books, I'm also in the middle of reading Sheet
Music by Dr. Kevin Lewman. My BFF, Danica, mentioned it to me earlier this
year. I was a bit apprehensive about it because quiet frankly I don't like
talking about... bedroom activity. Ask any of my friends, this is an off limits
topic for me. Being the daring friend that she is, she recently sent it to me
in the mail. I have to admit, I'm glad she did. Here's an excerpt from Dr.
Lewman's website:
"This book will expand and challenge your thinking, help you start your marriage off right, or go from humdrum to exciting if you’re already married."
God intended intimacy for marriage, and I feel pretty
strongly about that! I recommend it for newlyweds, older couples, or anyone in
an (cough) "intimate" slump. I agree with Dr. Lewman that it is NOT
recommended for couples that are NOT married, or approaching marriage. I wish I
would have read this book, or at least the first 4 chapters, BEFORE I married.
* So I pretty much blushed writing this post as much as I've
blushed reading the books mentioned. Maybe I shouldn't be sharing this
stuff?!?! AH what would these mid-week confessions be without some REAL
confessions.
* I struggle with grammar. Is it mid-week? Midweek? MidWeek?
Ugh, I should know this stuff!
* Is it crazy that I'm pretty stinkin' excited about starting
grad school classes! I'm kissing summer goodbye for the next six weeks but
welcoming the challenging classes that I will be taking over the next six
weeks!
* This past Friday my age now implies that I am a quarter of
a century old. Craziness!
* I'm going to eat with a few teacher friends from work
tonight (the same as a few weeks ago)! I'm pretty excited!
* I'll be hanging out with a few of my favorite friends tomorrow
night in celebration of my birthday!
* I enjoyed birthday dinners with Daniel's family and my
family this weekend.
* My heart is overjoyed with being able to spend time and
make memories with all my friends and family over the past week!
Signing off with a smile!
Kayla
loving this post ha! you're so brave! and i wish i could be hanging with you this week!
ReplyDeleteI wish you could too! I called you today because I was missing you so! I wanted you to go to lunch with me! I guess I could've taken the phone in and talked to you between bites, but it wouldn't have been the same!
Deleteshould i do midweek confessions? so that i'd at least use my blog.
ReplyDeleteUm, most definitely! Midweek confessions are fun!
DeleteI am loving your midweek confessions. Keep them up! And did I forget your birthday??? I am so sorry, and Happy happy late birthday!!!
ReplyDelete