Friday, May 11, 2012

End of the Week Confessions



OK, so I'm a little late!  This is more like END OF THE WEEK confessions.

1. I had the BEST girls night last night with a few teachers from school. Confession - I was a bit skeptical about going because I had never hung out with these two ladies out of a school setting. No worries, we had a BLAST!

2. We ate at a Mexican restaurant. Confession - We drove 20 miles south to eat at a Mexican restaurant in a "wet" county. The county I live in does not sale liquor.

3. I sat through an interesting Sunday School lesson last week.  One of the topics was drinking.  My teacher who is an awesome mentor and whom I look up to, is opposed to drinking.  Confession - I'm not so sure I agree with her.  Confession #2 - I ordered a large last night.  Confession #3 - I hope this does NOT open up a can of worms on the topic of drinking on my "comments". Confessions #4 - I'll probably end of writing a blog post about this subject because I may feel judged for drinking, or may feel like my SS teacher is being judged.  I prefer neither of us to be judged... K, thanks! :)

4.  The MCT2 tests are OVER this week! Let me repeat.... no more walking around for 3+ hours monitoring students while they take the forever long tests!

5.  I am super - duper exhausted after the junior high field day we had to celebrate students' hard work in preparation for MCT2.  Confession - I may be asleep before 8:30 on a Friday night.

6. My mom wants a tree for Mothers' Day.  Confession - My thoughts are, "A TREE?!?!? Why not roses, flowers, or gift certificate for a manicure or pedicure." I mean I just feel like a tree isn't a fun gift.  But she has always talked about wanting a Japanese Maple tree and when asked what she wanted that was her reply.  I guess it could be worse; she could have said it doesn't matter and taken the risk of receiving something she will not like.  SPOILER: So tomorrow I will set out to find a Japanese Maple.

7.  My sister graduated from a community college today.  Confession - I do not feel like I should be old enough to have a sister in high school, much less graduating from a two-year college.  I am very proud of her and all of the scholarships she has been awarded recently.  Now, she will continue her education at Ole Miss.  Hotty Toddy!

That's all folks!
Kayla

6 comments:

  1. No judging here!

    I do occasionally drink, but totally respect those who don't believe it's right.

    To each his own!!

    I think a tree is an awesome gift. Have fun tree shopping!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom thought it was an awesome gift. We gave it to her today!

      Delete
  2. A whole dry county! I went to college in a dry town, and we were annoyed that we had to go the whole 2 miles into the next town to buy beer. I always am a little hesitant about hanging out with the other teachers outside of school, so I totally feel you on that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A dry college town?!?! That's wild! If you get the chance to hang out with coworkers, I say go for it... it could be surprisingly fun!

      Delete
  3. You know us Presbyterians drink...you should start going to Faith! Ha, only kidding! I think God convicts us of different things and we need to respect each others convictions...so no judgment from me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Speaking of Faith, there were a few Faith Pres members sitting at the table next to us with a table full of margs! And I think you are right about God convicting each of us on different things.

      Delete