Monday, April 2, 2012

Marvelous Monday

So I've never sold anything to anyone via internet. I haven't figured EBAY out (more like I haven't really tried).  I don't get on ETSY or have an account.  But today I sold something.  And hopefully by this time tomorrow I will still be alive. 

In Brookhaven we have a "Buyers Guide" that's basically a sell-all type of newpaper for the locals.  Well, they also have a facebook page.  Last night on facebook, I tagged "Buyers Guide" in this picture:


I didn't really think any one would take a nibble at the bait I was throwing out there. 

Well, this morning when I woke up, five people already inquired about it.  It was like magic! There something sits in your house that you just don't want anymore, nor have space for, and wonder how you can make it disappear and... viola.... that heavy, ole sucker can be gone in just a few short hours! 

Now is it safe to sale junk items online? Who knows... probably not.  Well it's probably to safe to sell, the delivery can be another story.  But this idiot right here ***all fingers on me*** told the buyer she could come to MY HOUSE and pick it up.  Now in my naive defense, I did stalk her on facebook.  She seems to be in her late 50s/early 60s and has several pictures of her grandchildren.  She appears to live one county to the west of Lincoln.  And I have one mutual facebook friend in common.  It's a girl I used to work with at Sisters By Design.  They even share the same last name.  So *maybe* it's okay that I told her to come to my house to pick it up.

Here's my plan of action... I'm going to go ahead and have it out on the porch so when she drives up we can just load it in her vehicle and she can be on her merry way.  That way she never has to step foot in my house to see my possessions, nor will we ever be out of the view of my neighbors (in case the buyer plans on some verocious wild attack). 

And maybe I'm just a tad bit anxious for nothing... the real problem is going to be picking that humongously, heavy piece of furniture up without my hubby's help!

So on this Marvelous Monday I'm in the process of  making some cash and getting this crap outta' my house SPRING CLEANING!  Whoooo... all in a days work!

Tootles!
Kayla

1 comment:

  1. I've bought and sold several things through craigslist. Usually we meet them at a parking lot or we pull up to their house and they are outside with the item. It's totally safe, especially in a place like Brookhaven. But make sure you have Daniel home (or if he can't be--I know it's almost tax day!--a friend).

    ReplyDelete