Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Bills and M&Ms

Some friends I follow give midweek confessions and I wanted to give it a whirl today, so here goes nothing.....

1. My favorite Valentines gift this year was from my dad who said he paid my car insurance for me for the next three months! Who knew paying my bill would make this girl so happy! Oh the joys of growing up!

2. Daniel gave me a sweet card (awwww), a heart container full of delicious miniature chocolates, and a bag of Pretzel M&Ms.  Yes, he knows me well... I love pretzel M&Ms.

3.  Yes, my husband and I were the insane ones replanting shrubs while it was 31 degrees this Sunday afternoon.  Our winter has not felt like winter, more like an extended fall, until this weekend... and that is when we decided to work in the yard! Side note... Mom dropped off  shrubs she dug up out of her yard earlier in the week and dropped them off at my house in case I wanted to add them to my (almost naked) yard. The first time we had free time to plant them was Sunday afternoon.  Since we had the shovel and mulch out we went ahead and moved four other shrubs from one location in our yard to another.  And it's just our luck that it warmed back up by Tuesday and you would never have known it was as cold as 30 degrees this weekend.

4. Speaking of being busy, Daniel is busy at work right now since the busy tax season is in full swing.  He has been getting home between 8 and 9 at night.  Secretly, I've enjoyed the extra time alone this week.  Just wait, by the end of next week I will be so sick of being home along and counting down the days until April 15 so I can have my husband back to share the evenings with.

5. I'm a bit giddy yet nervous about receiving an acceptance letter from MC for a graduate program.  I will be a very busy student starting in June!  How am I going to juggle being a successful student AND a challenging teacher?!?! I am excited to continue my education but anxious to see how I am going to fit everything into my schedule!

Here's a shout out to my friend Amy!  She's new to the blogging world and one of my best friends.  She is in a transition phase right now and using her blog to capture the process. Be sure to check it her blog!

1 comment: