Monday, December 27, 2010

Welcome home!

Daniel and I bought a house in October! I LOVE my home. It's full of character and just the perfect size for us right now. We're so very proud of it!

I love the "C" on my front door. It was purchased at the Ole Brook Festival this fall. I've gotten many compliments since I've hung it up. I also love my chairs. People may have noticed three, yes THREE, different colors on the chairs since we moved in in July. The chairs were light brown, more of a dark tan when I bought them. This summer I painted them a light, bright blue. The color didn't really match my "C" and the leaves were turning so I decided to paint my chairs a fallish color, hence the orangy red seen above! I thought about painting the chairs red for Christmas, but it didn't happen. I'm sure the chairs will see a new color in the future!

Ready for the tour? It's okay, you don't even have to leave your shoes at the door!
Living Room


Dining Room
The chandlier was one of two selling points for me! Also, you see a collection I've started on the wall!

Kitchen

Notice the shutters. They were here when we bought the house. I think they had character to my kitchen!

Sunroom
The second selling point was the sunroom! I don't sit in it nearly enough as I would like to. Since we've moved to Brookhaven it seems like I've been on the go like the energizer bunny! This week I plan on RELAXING and enjoying this room!
Master Bedroom
You'll walk in from the door slightly open that's on the right. Closet #1 is tucked behind the door with the full length mirror.
Closet #2 and #3 are on the far side of the bed. The window faces the dresser shown in the picture above. This is a large bedroom for an older home. The original owners added this section on.
Office
Daniel's closet is in the office. All three closets in the master are mine. hehe!
Guest Bathroom
One day the avocado green has got to go! Daniel thinks we should keep it. I don't think so!
Guest Room

I hope you enjoyed the tour! So far we LOVE our home! We can't wait to start a family here!

Blessed beyond measure,
Kayla

1 comment:

  1. Oh Kayla, I love love love your home! I especially love how the puppy dog made it in many of the pics. I can't wait to come visit one day. And I'm so glad you are back to blogging! Rebecca

    ReplyDelete