"This is the message we have heard from Him and declare to you: God is LIGHT, in Him there is NO darkness AT ALL." 1 John 1:5
Well, Daniel has ben unemployd for the past two weeks. When he called me to tell me that his company was downsizing and he was laid off, I knew that our life would be changing. As shocking as it was, God had been preparing my heart for something like this to happen. Allow me to share with you:
God started preparing me soon after we married in June by revealing to us the church he wanted us join. We became members of Country Woods Baptist Church in Byram, MS. We got plugged in to the McKenzies Sunday School class. I love that group of young, married, adults. We've got a such a unique bond. I can't describe how truly blessed I am to have them as friends. Soon after Daniel called me to tell me the he was laid off, I began texting those very dear friends asking for them to PRAY for us. That's what I love about this group. We can discuss what were struggling with, or what's going on in life, and KNOW that they will pray for us. They will not use those "prayer requests" as gossip tools, but actually lift our need or burden up to the Lord in prayer. And that is exactly what they did. Prayed!
God also prepared me for this crisis by placing me in the right working environment. Yes, even my place of employment, working with the most amazing friends helped play a roll into this. When Daniel called me that Friday afternoon to tell me the news, I was at a teachers conference, MAMLE, in Natchez, MS. It was a two-night, three-day conference and we were on the second day. When Daniel called, I was sitting in the hotel room during "down" time with three other co-workers. After the phone call, I came out of the bathroom and asked my friend (and co-worker) Katie to walk with me back to our room. She knew something was wrong and once we got back to the room I told her. I was confused, shocked, and at a loss of words. She shared a few words of encouragement, held my hands, and began PRAYING for me, Daniel, guidance, peace, and direction. How AWESOME it was that I was with a CHRISTIAN co-worker that was not ashamed or afraid to begin praying right then. We began packing our bags, and she drove me home to be with my husband. On the ride home, I texted another friend/coworker and told her what was going on. I knew without a doubt she would be praying for us as well. I am incredibly blessed to work with such amazing, God-fearing, Christain friends.
Now for one of the most interesting parts of the story: The Sunday before it happened, as we were leaving church, I told Daniel that I felt as if God was preparing my heart for something "bad" that was about to happen. I shared with Daniel, and a teacher friend that I felt like a gigantic, dark cloud was moving in over me but I wasn't sure what it was. I thought maybe there would be a death in the family, or something tragic happen to a friend. After I told Daniel about that "bad feeling", he said, "Well Kayla, as long as we have faith in God, we KNOW He will guide us and carry us through whatever happens. Try not to worry about it for now." How AWESOME it is that I am married to a man that I can openily share what God is speaking to me about, and a man that will step up to the plate and be the Christian leader in our home.
When I got home, we talked, we cried, we prayed. I've had a peace about the situation. Daniel has been busy, applying to several accounting firms in the area. We have been making more responsible decisions with our money, cancelling trips we've planned out of town, and eating at home as opposed to dining out every other night. We ask that you continue praying for God's guidance for us and that He holds us in the palm of His hand as we crawl over this bump in the road. I'm trying to keep a positive attitude about the situation and how it's changing our lifestyle and it's tough. One thing is for sure, I REFUSE to let Satan win this battle. My faith will stay strong in MY GOD and He will deliver Daniel and me through this darkness.
"This is the message we have heard from Him and declare to you: God is LIGHT, in Him there is NO darkness AT ALL." 1 John 1:5
Kayla, you have such a good outlook on life --- I will be praying for you. It's sometimes hard to take that huge leap of faith and completely come to terms with something like this - I know that our God will provide for y'all, just like he did when Madison & I moved here to Oxford with no jobs yet and hardly enough money for 1 month's rent. He provided for us, and He will for you too. I will be praying for your adjustment of lifestyle, because I know how tough that is!!
ReplyDelete