Let's take a few moments to reflect.
January- I found my wedding dress. Who would have ever thought I would pick out a sweet heart neckline. I also started student teaching in Water Valley, MS. Mrs. Daniels was a great teacher for me to learn from. I realized we were a lot alike. We share the same passion to teach middle school math. That's a scary thought isn't it? And President Obama was elected president. Boy was that a major issue. That election was the first one I got into. And will most certainly be the LAST that I let anyone know who I vote for (at least if it's the one all my friends, family, and everyone I know are voting against). Daniel and I were SO glad to get that election past us. Our views differed from.. hmm... it seemed as if it differed from EVERY family member and EVERY friend I ever had. But Daniel and I felt strongly about what we believed in and what was best for our country. Anyway, enough on that! Glad that is over! Also, this month I began fiercely filling out job applications for central MS and hoping, praying, and begging God to show me the right school I was supposed to teach at for fall semester. I also started going to Curves with Danica. We went three days a week (most of the time). Boy do I miss her now! I need a workout partner and my best friend living in the same town!

Me and my bestie!
February- Money was tight for Valentines Day. I made Daniel an alphabet book. For each letter of the alphabet I thought of a word, place, or memory that was special to us. For example, "M" stood for the Melting Pot (a fondue restaurant withthe best atmospher, I highly recommend it). It was the restaurant Daniel proposed at and it's a fun, romantic place where we've had our best conversations. Daniel had a dozen roses and baked chocolate chip cookies waiting at my house for me. Then he took me to the Melting Pot for dinner!

This is a picture of the leftover cookies and roses.
March- Spring Break trip to Orange Beach with Mom and Amanda and several of her girlfriends. It was a refreshing trip. The girls were torn about the trip. They had been planning on going on a mission trip to Mexico. With the drug wars and beginning threats of swine flu they decided last minute to stay in the U.S. so we went to the beach instead.

These are Amanda's friends. I spent all week with these sweet, pretty girls. Gosh, I can't believe they are all grown up now!
April- Busy month with school. Lesson plans were due, final observations, and classroom management showcase were all due.
May- Eventful month! I graduated from THE University of Mississippi with a Bachelors degree in Elementary Education. I'm certified to teach K-6 and 7-12 English and math. Daniel also graduated with a Masters in Accounting. We graduated on Saturday, and moved out of Oxford on Sunday, Mothers' Day. Our Mothers (and Fathers and my sissy!) helped us move. Daniel's belongings went to our apartment in Brandon, and some of my stuff I sent to the apt in Brandon and the rest went with me to Brookhaven. Boy, for the next month I felt strung across central MS with half my stuff in Brandon and half my stuff at "home". Daniel began his very first "big boy" job as I like to refer to it. He works with an accounting firm in Jackson as an auditor. I am so proud of him! A huge, major prayer was answered the later part of this month. I received a job offer! It was probably one of the happiest days of my life. Seriously! After I received the call, I kid you not I smiled and grinned ALL afternoon and night long. I remember when I took my bath that night, and set in the tub I repeated over and over, "Thank you God. Thank you. Thank you so much!" I was in awe. I had been worried, and stressed for the past 5 months over finding a job. And my prayer was not to just find a job, but to find the RIGHT job, and I would even sneak into my prayer request that if it wasn't too much to ask for it to be in a nice christian environment. And let me just tell you, God is AWESOME. Because there is no where else I would rather be this year than the school I am in because for once in my life I am so sure without a shadow of doubt that this is the place God wants me to be!
June- My wedding month! It seriously was one of the most memorable days of my life (along with the job offer day). It was a dream come true wedding. My parents gave me more than I ever thought they could. Now, to some it may not seem that extravagant. But to me it was better than perfect. I could get all emotional thinking about it right now. From the flowers, to the decorations (my mom did the best job), to seeing both of Daniel and my families all under one roof, in the presence of God, committing our lives to each other, it was an amazing day! Then off we went on our honeymoon to Atlantis in the Bahamas. I was secretly ready to get home to the United States. I didn't like being out of the country. Nor was I a fan of flying. It was my first time to fly and we were on a total of six planes. We came home to our apartment in Brandon. It was small, very small, but it was right on the resoiver, like on the water! it was a good enough place to start our lives together. We also welcomed little puppy Cooper into our family. Cooper has brought energy into our home. June was a very memorable month.

My amazing bridesmaids and best friends EVER!

Magical moment! Magical Day!

Amazing recption!

Better than I ever could imagine!
July- My month of rest. I seriously did not know what to do with myself this month. For the past six months I did not have a free second to spare with planning a wedding and finishing up school. I would wake up and wonder what I would do that day. It was a much needed, restful month. For a few days I went with my family back to Orange Beach. Daniel stayed home to work. I also spent a few days with him in Laurel. He spent two (or maybe three) weeks down there on an audit. I was able to spend a few nights with him in the hotel before I had to go start my "big girl" job. While I was in Laurel, I spent time with family down there. Then back to the Jackson area for me, while Daniel stayed there to work. The last week I had orientation meetings.

Emfinger Beach Trip 2009. We all missed Daniel incredibly! I LOVE my family!
August- My dream finally came true. As of this month, you could refer to me as Mrs. Calcote, the teacher. I have been dreaming and playing school for as long as I can remember. We always played school with my neighbors Kacy and Sawyer Richardson. I was ALWAYS the teacher. Probably because I was the oldest of the four of us, or was it because I was the bossiest, ha! I am now a 7th grade math teacher and LOVE my job. I don't want to sound boastful about it. I just wish everyone I knew, friends, enemies, family, everyone, experienced the same joy I feel every morning when I wake up and go to a place that I've dreamed of going to my whole life, a classrom. I may get a masters and even a doctorate, but at this point in time, I don't ever want to be out of the classroom. Now the first week was a little nerve racking because I didn't know exactly what to expect, but over all, I would like to think my first year of teaching has gone smoothly so far.
September- Continued on with teaching. My parents began remodeling their house, repainted walls, installed hard wood floor. My room no longer looks like the room as I remember it growing up.
October- We began looking for a place to live closer to where I work. We joined Country Woods Baptist Church in Byram, MS. I love the church and our Sunday School class. At the end of the month we moved to a new apartment in Byram. It's bigger, newer, and better than our first apartment. It feels more like a home. Our next move will hopefully be into a house! Also, my other best friend and former roommate got engaged to Daniel's former roommate!! Amy is marrying Eli May 14!

Congratulations Amy and Eli!
November- The holidays begin. For the first time, Daniel and I had to figure out how we would split up the holidays. We spent Thanksgiving Day with his family. That Friday we spent it with my mom's family in Franklin Co. That Saturday we started an Emfinger family tradition of eating Thanksgiving meal at my mom's house.
December- Christmas! It's been a great month, and a busy month. I've attended many Christmas parties, sang many Christmas songs, lit many Christmas candles, and read many Christmas stories. As this month comes to an end, I'm kind of sad to see Christmas go.
The year 2009 will probably be one of the most memorable years of my life. I would like to think it can only get better! It's been challenging. I've had journeyed through many "firsts". I've depended on God this year probably more than I ever have before. I've been in AWE of how He has blessed me, what all He has provided me, and how He has cared for me this year. It's been an AWEsome year!
So what's next? Bring it on, 2010. I'm ready!
No comments:
Post a Comment